FEX 2102 Released!
This is our second tagged release, and it comes with several improvements and fixes.
- Unaligned cmpxchg & cmpxchg8b on ARMv8.1+
- Mutliblock now gracefully handles unsupported / invalid instructions. This makes it safe to always enable multi block
- Several fixes for 32-bit binaries: branch handling, signal return, memory allocation, ioctl32 for x86-64 host
- Improved BRK handling
- Much reduced stuttering during JIT compilation. The JIT optimizer is now over 3x as fast.
- Per-thread IR Caching with cached RA, for faster recovery from code cache resets
- Defaults now to jit, multiblock, 5000 instructions.
- CPUID returns fex version
- Cleaned up IR printing, extended asm tests to test IR dumping & IR printing
- Integrated gcc target tests to our CI
- Removed many warnings
The detailed change log is available on Github
Written on February 8, 2021